1 in 3 American adults have some form of cardiovascular disease – and this “silent killer” remains the largest cause of death for both men and women. Confidia™ Health Institute can combat and prevent cardiovascular disease, using advanced scientific testing to find microscopic heart issues before they become a serious problem.
Symptoms & Conditions
Cardiovascular Disease Symptoms & Conditions
What makes Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) especially troublesome is that its first sign is often a fatal heart attack or stroke. While it primarily involves the heart and blood vessels, Cardiovascular Disease can also affect your brain, limbs, and other body systems.
Symptoms may be different for men and women. For instance, men are more likely to notice chest pain, while women may experience shortness of breath, nausea, or extreme fatigue. Symptoms and conditions of Confidia patients who received Cardiometabolic Blood Testing include:
- Chest pain and pressure (Angina)
- Shortness of breath
- Fluttering in the chest
- Racing heartbeat (Tachycardia)
- Slow heartbeat (Bradycardia)
- Dizziness or fainting
- Leg, ankle or foot swelling
- Loss of breath with exertion, or at rest
- Continual or extreme fatigue
- Leg or arm pain, numbness, weakness or coolness
- Back, neck or shoulder pain
If you’re wondering whether you might have hidden Cardiovascular Disease, schedule a True Health Evaluation™ today.
Inside The Science
Increased Risk of Heart Disease in Women
Women are at increased risk of heart disease as they age. Most don’t know that:
- Women are 8 times more likely to die from a heart attack than from breast cancer. Although the number of deaths from breast cancer is stabilizing due to early detection and treatment, deaths from heart disease are increasing for women.
- After age 45, the same percentage of women and men have high blood pressure. After age 64, a higher percentage of women have high blood pressure than men.
- Each year, approximately 55,000 more women than men have strokes caused by plaque build-up. Plaque builds up in the carotid arteries more rapidly post-menopause.
Microscopic vs Macroscopic Cardiac Testing
Testing can find cardiac disease years before it manifests inside you – if that testing is done microscopically. Confidia Health Institute uses a unique, multi-test approach to assess and identify cardiovascular diseases at the microscopic level. Microscopic identification is vital because if nothing is done about cardiac disease within a 10-20 year period, the disease becomes macroscopic – which leads to heart attacks and strokes. CardioMetabolic Testing by Confidia can find microscopic heart disease – which is reversible if treated.
What Cardiac Testing Does Confidia Perform?
Confidia Health Institute analyzes the data from several cardiovascular tests to identify heart disease – and to inform a personalized treatment plan.
Confidia cardiac testing includes:
- Metabolic (MET) Stress Testing
- Intima-Media Thickness (IMT) Carotid Testing through HeartSmart
- Ankle-Brachial Peripheral Artery Disease (ABI PAD) Testing through Biomedix
- Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) Testing
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- Advanced Holter Monitoring through Preventice
Confidia Cardiometabolic Test Outcomes
Confidia Metabolic Stress Testing measures how your heart and lungs perform when under physical stress. The test involves seated measurements, as well as measurements done while you pedal a stationary bike.
IMT Carotid Testing through HeartSmart goes far beyond conventional carotid ultrasound in providing a safe and convenient method for early detection of cardiovascular disease. The IMT test assesses the presence and severity of plaque in the carotid artery, as well as the vulnerability of the plaque to rupture and cause a heart attack or stroke.
The Ankle-Brachial Peripheral Artery Disease test checks how effectively your blood is flowing, whether you have blockages in the arteries of your arms and legs, and compares the blood pressure at your ankle versus the blood pressure at your arm. If you have Peripheral Artery Disease detected with the ABI test, you’re more than likely to have a heart attack or stroke.
Automatic Nervous System testing analyzes a variety of physiologic processes – such as blood pressure, heart rate, body temperature, and metabolism. The testing will involve deep breathing and a tilt table.
The Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening is an abdominal ultrasound which uses sound waves to send images to a computer that can reveal an aneurysm. This is extremely helpful, given that most people with abdominal aortic aneurysms don’t have symptoms.
Our Advanced Holter Monitoring uses a small wearable device to record all of your heartbeats over the course of one week. The collected data can help determine if you have a heart problem – such as an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia).
Confidia performs Echocardiograms, which use sound waves to create motion images of your heart. By seeing visual proof of how blood is moving and how your heart is performing, echocardiograms are helpful in determining whether you have blood clots or fluid buildup.
Why Confidia is Different
- Because Confidia is your Primary Care Physician, our Cardiovascular Disease tests are part of a truly integrative care plan for you and only you.
- Confidia Cardiometabolic Testing is one aspect of our proprietary A3 Process – a comprehensive three-pillar approach that builds True Health.
- Our multi-data, scientifically-driven approach to cardiac testing more accurately identifies the presence and severity of cardiovascular disease than the singular heart tests often performed by health care providers.
Start with a True Health Evaluation™. Become a Confidian Today.
To find out if you might have hidden Cardiovascular Disease, start with a True Health Evaluation. During this introductory session, we’ll cover all aspects of your heart history and habits – and reveal how to optimize your health.
Please complete the form and a Confidia professional will be in touch with you to schedule.